COSIA is recruiting an Environmental Priority Area (EPA) Administrative Assistant on a permanent, full time basis. The position, based in Calgary, Alberta, will report to the Operations Director.
The successful candidate will support COSIA Senior Staff (Directors and Senior Technical Advisors) in two EPAs. This also involves supporting the members of the EPA Steering Committees and related Working Groups. Working within a tight-knit team, the EPA Administrative Assistant plays a critical role in the performance of the EPA. The EPA Administrative Assistant engages with senior staff from COSIA member companies and other representatives from industry and other stakeholder groups.
- The EPA Administrative Assistant will ensure that the regular calendar of EPA Steering Committee and Working Group meetings run successfully by:
- Making required arrangements (scheduling, invitations, bookings, AV, etc.)
- Compiling and distributing meeting agendas and pre-read materials
- Producing accurate meeting summaries in a timely fashion, from discussions that are often technical in nature
- Maintaining a decision and action log from meetings and a list of forward agenda items
- Support the planning and organization of other EPA events (such as workshops, planning sessions), including meeting logistics, flights, speakers, video and teleconferencing setup and catering
- Develop and maintain EPA and senior staff schedules and/or calendar(s)
- Assist in compiling correspondence and presentation materials
- Serve as a key point of contact for EPA members and stakeholders
- Collect and produce periodic reports on EPA and related activities, EPA sub-committee membership, etc.
- Maintain EPA project portfolios, including compiling and collating related data
- Create and maintain filing systems to facilitate timely and accurate access to information
- Act as the SharePoint site administrator for each EPA, including team site management and document control
- Enter data in spreadsheets or databases
- Provide general administrative support to the EPA Directors, e.g. preparation of expense claims
- As a member of the administrative team, provide general support as required to COSIA and act as a liaison on behalf of the EPA team members
The successful candidate will bring the following demonstrated capabilities:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- At least four years of administrative experience
- Oil sands sector experience preferred
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- Highly organized and proactive with strong planning and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential data while exercising discretion and good judgment
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, and professionalism at all times
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be resourceful and anticipate needs
- Strong customer service orientation
- Team player with positive attitude and collaborative / flexible work style
Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) is a unique alliance of oil sands producers focused on accelerating environmental performance in Canada’s oil sands. COSIA enables collaboration and innovation between thinkers from industry, government, academia and the wider public to improve measurement, accountability and performance in the oil sands across our environmental priority areas of greenhouse gases, land, water and tailings.
COSIA members search the world for solutions to our toughest problems. And COSIA has some of the best minds on the planet working on technologies to enable responsible and sustainable development. To date, COSIA has shared 981 distinct environmental technologies and innovations that cost over $1.4 billion to develop. For more information, visit: www.cosia.ca and follow us on twitter @COSIA_ca.
Our Vision is to enable responsible and sustainable growth of Canada’s oil sands while delivering accelerated improvement in environmental performance through collaborative action and innovation.
Start Date: As soon as available
Compensation: Based on skill set and experience. Assignments or secondments from COSIA member companies are possible.
Location: Calgary, AB
Deadline for application: Friday, March 29, 2019
Submission: Send resume and cover letter to