Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) is an alliance of oil sands producers focused on accelerating environmental performance in Canada’s oil sands through collaborative action and innovation. COSIA brings together leading global thinkers from industry, government, academia and the public all working to improve measurement, accountability and performance in our priority areas of greenhouse gasses, water, land and tailings.
About the Role: Executive Assistant
Reporting to and directly supporting the Chief Executive (CE), this is a high profile administrative and executive support role, with a focus on proactively managing communications and commitments for the CE. This role requires excellent judgement, discretion and the ability to both operate independently and to seek guidance and help from others when needed.
The Executive Assistant provides additional administrative support to COSIA’s Governance and Shareholder Relations portfolio and works closely with senior staff within COSIA, member companies and partner and stakeholder organizations to ensure the smooth functioning of the CE’s office and the efficient and effective use of their time.
- Serves as the key contact person responsible for the CE’s scheduling and communications
- Screens the CE’s incoming communications, outlines required action and drafts responses as needed
- Ensures that the CE is properly prepared for meetings and engagement activities, including the review or preparation of materials (e.g. presentations) as required
- Tracks required follow up and actions; helps to coordinate the activities of other staff and external parties to ensure all action items are completed
- Handles sensitive information with care and discretion and ensures that documents are managed within a highly organized system
- Manages the logistical needs of meetings with staff and/or external parties, including travel arrangements when required
- Prepares and submits internal documentation and reporting required for the CE
- Consistently explores opportunities to improve processes and elevate the level of service being provided to COSIA members, stakeholders and partners from the CE’s office
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and proactive with strong planning, time management and analytical skills
- Can handle multiple tasks and prioritize activities to meet deadlines
- Able to problem solve and make sound decisions with little or no guidance
- Demonstrates diplomacy, discretion, and professionalism at all times
- Has a demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Able to manage planning and information needs on short, medium and long-term horizons
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be resourceful, effectively engage others and anticipate needs
- Strong customer service and professionalism orientation
- Team player with a positive attitude and a collaborative and flexible work style
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have 10 years of related experience and will have a diploma or degree in business administration or other relevant discipline. Natural resources sector experience and previous work supporting and interacting directly with senior executives is desirable.
Start Date: August 26, 2019 or earlier by mutual agreement.
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on skill set and experience. Assignments or secondments from member companies are possible.
Location: Calgary, AB
Deadline for Application: This posting will remain open until July 19, 2019 at noon, or until a suitable candidate is found.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume to , noting the position title.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.