COSIA is recruiting a Land Environmental Priority Area (EPA) Senior Technical Advisor (STA) on a permanent, full time basis. The position, based in Calgary, Alberta, will report to the Land EPA Director.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Land EPA Director and provide scientific and technical support to COSIA’s Land EPA. The successful candidate will be passionate about advancing the responsible development of Canada's oil sands. A key element of the role is the ability to work with professionals from EPA member companies and stakeholders.
- Provide day to day management of the Land EPA and ongoing support to the Land EPA Director.
- Provide technical input into COSIA Land EPA initiatives, projects and technology submissions.
- Deliver messaging to internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate, organize and consolidate information from multiple sources.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Land EPA Multiyear Plan, including goal setting, environmental performance benchmarking, forecasting and project portfolio assessment.
- Prepare reports, briefs, presentations and other information as needed to support the Land EPA Steering Committee and COSIA members.
- Participate in workshop design and facilitation, including the preparation of materials and presentations.
- Develop and deliver presentation materials that serve to educate and inform audiences about COSIA and its Land EPA initiatives and activities.
- Project manage Land EPA-led studies.
- Manage the Project Portfolio Management System (PPMS) database.
- Together with Land EPA administration staff, maintain the content of the COSIA SharePoint site.
- Maintain an awareness of new technology developments and trends that could help address Land EPA gaps.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A university degree in a related scientific discipline.
- A minimum eight years of experience in applicable resource development industry roles.
- A demonstrated ability to work with multiple parties and stakeholders to develop and implement projects and initiatives with successful outcomes.
- Effective skills as a consensus builder, with outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that include public speaking.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Canada’s oil sands and an understanding of its environmental challenges.
- A passion for helping to advance COSIA’s vision.
Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) is a unique alliance of oil sands producers focused on accelerating environmental performance in Canada’s oil sands. COSIA enables collaboration and innovation between thinkers from industry, government, academia and the wider public to improve measurement, accountability and performance in the oil sands across our environmental priority areas (EPAs) of greenhouse gases, land, water and tailings.
COSIA members search the world for solutions to our toughest problems. And COSIA has some of the best minds on the planet working on technologies to enable responsible and sustainable development. To date, COSIA has shared 936 distinct environmental technologies and innovations that cost over $1.33 billion to develop. For more information, visit: www.cosia.ca and follow us on twitter @COSIA_ca.
Our Vision is to enable responsible and sustainable growth of Canada’s oil sands while delivering accelerated improvement in environmental performance through collaborative action and innovation.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation based on skill set and experience. Assignments or secondments from member companies are possible.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Deadline for application: April 5, 2019
- Submission: Send resume and cover letter to