Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) is an alliance of oil sands producers focused on accelerating environmental performance in Canada’s oil sands through collaborative action and innovation. COSIA brings together leading global thinkers from industry, government, academia and the public all working to improve measurement, accountability and performance in our environmental priority areas of greenhouse gases, water, land and tailings.
About the Opportunity
The Program Coordinator is a key member of the Land Environmental Priority Area team. Working with the Land EPA Director, the Program Coordinator serves as a critical link between COSIA, its member companies and partner organizations. This is a chance to work closely with the technology development experts in Canada’s oil sands who are collaborating to advance new learning, research and technologies for Canada’s oil sands.
About the Role: Program Coordinator
COSIA’s priority area teams serve as the hub for collaborative activity among member companies and other innovators. The Program Coordinator ensures that core priority area operations run smoothly and that all required logistics are addressed for meetings and events. The Program Coordinator works proactively to identify priority area and member needs and takes initiative to address those needs and continuously improve processes. This role will allow the incumbent to develop and apply an understanding of land management, biodiversity, technology development processes and oil sands technical language and concepts. The capacity and desire to continuously learn, with help and guidance from experienced colleagues, is important for ongoing success.
Priority Area Operations
- Ensure arrangements for priority area meetings and events are made; e.g. virtual or in-person meeting room bookings, invitations, catering, conferencing, logistics.
- Compile and distribute meeting agendas and pre-read materials.
- Actively participate in priority area meetings and ensure that succinct and accurate meeting summaries are generated.
- Travel, calendar and other administrative support for the EPA Director.
- Anticipate and address member needs and potential issues.
Coordination and Liaison Activities
- Serve as the COSIA liaison and contact point for priority area members.
- Help establish the scope of work for approved priority area projects.
- Collect and collate Land EPA steering committee and working group input on completed studies.
- Gather and consolidate technical information from member companies.
- Synthesize technology summaries into briefing notes and key finding overviews.
- Assist with the management of the technology portfolio within the priority area.
- Assist with the screening and assessment of submitted technology proposals.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and materials for external meetings.
- Track, review and update ongoing progress against project and priority area plans.
- Provide additional administrative support for COSIA governance meetings as required.
- Manage the priority area document library in SharePoint and extract and analyze information from that library.
- Track progress against priority area and COSIA objectives and inform priority area planning.
- Consolidate information required for communications requests, such as feature stories and media responses.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Two years of experience in program or project coordination
- Collaborative approach, able to work effectively with external parties
- Self-motivated and a quick learner
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Degree or diploma in an engineering or natural science discipline
- Research and/or technology development experience
- Experience examining / addressing environmental issues
- Natural resources sector experience, oil sands operations in particular
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including OneNote, SharePoint and Excel.
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on skill set and experience. Assignments or secondments from member companies are possible.
Location: Calgary, AB
Deadline for Application: This posting will remain open until January 20, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. MT.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.