Everything clay: call for presenters
Submission deadline for abstracts is February 28, 2020.
COSIA’s Tailings Environmental Priority Area is looking for innovators to present on clay dewatering technologies at the annual meeting of the Clay Minerals Society (CMS) in Richland, WA, June 15-19.
Topics could include:
- characterization of oil sands clay
- on-line characterization of clay slurries
- methods for analysis of clay slurries that explain dewatering and transport characteristics
- treatment technologies to modify behaviour of clay suspensions and surfaces to reduce their water holding capacity
- methods and models for understanding consolidation behaviour of clay dominated slurries
For more information on potential topics, check out the Oil Sands Tailings Clay Challenge title in the scientific program here.
You can submit your abstract here.
The Clay Minerals Society (CMS) annual meeting is the largest international multidisciplinary conference on clay minerals research, applications and technology development in different disciplines and is the forum for advancing clay minerals science in many areas.
The theme of this year’s annual meeting is Clays on the Columbia: Bridging Scales and Disciplines. The meeting takes place at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, one of the United States Department of Energy national laboratories, managed by the Department of Energy's Office of Science.
For more event information, see www.clays.org.
2019 INNOVATION SUMMIT
The Oil Sands Innovation Summit takes place June 3rd and 4th at the Hyatt Regency in Calgary, Alberta. The Summit has earned a reputation for bringing collaborators together to share, learn and discover the latest in innovations for improving environmental performance.